Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Me, and my blog posts...

I'm going to write this, and perhaps after I do any pressure I feel will be released, I'm going to take it easy for the next few days. It doesn't mean I'm not going to post at all in that time, and it may not even cause a significant change. But I am going to try and take a step back from this to evaluate what I'm doing here.

Greg at The Talent Show had a post on succeeding in the blog world. As I read it, I felt too little of it applies to me. This part in particular:
The final (and most important) part of blogging is that you've got to establish your own voice. Not that every post has to be wordy, but if you're not adding anything other than links to other blogs and op-eds, then you're wasting your time. Do you regularly find that you have something to add to the debate that you don't see being mentioned anywhere else? If that isn't the case, then don't bother.

I'm taking that as a challenge.

When I started, I thought it was most important to be first, that finding an article and getting it out there would lead to links. That's not the case, of course. I've had a couple of things I'm proud of, and a few things, well, not so much. But I want to make sure that what I'm saying is important and needs to be said by me.

It may involve longer and less frequent posts. It may involve focusing on state or even local politics. Heck, it may even involve pictures of fish and mp3s of birds. Only time will tell, I guess.

As always, I'm open to comments. If you regularly stop by, feel free to point out what you like and don't like. If this is your first time, take a look around and let me know. I'm coo' with whatever.

Like I said, I'm just going to take it easy. You may notice no changes, you may notice a lot. You may not even care. And I'm okay with that too. I guess this is more of a cleansing for my brain than it is anything else.

Talk to you soon.