Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Friday, February 18, 2005

The next big sting?

I actually know someone who went to some conference (it's intentionally vague, sorry) where they were told that the WMDs had been found in Iraq, but that the public wasn't ready to know yet. I asked him at the time what kind of sense that made, and I can't remember what he claimed at the time. I do remember that this person wholeheartedly believed what he had been told at the conference.

Either way, I'm not surprised to read things like this still happen, but I will say I am surprised that it happens at a place like CPAC, and futher surprised that a republican representative would push it forth. It would seem that either this knowledge is secret and California Rep. Chris Cox is passing along important state secrets, or California Rep. Chris Cox is freely lying to the American public.

Reading this, I get the sense that conservative bloggers, would push this forward, turn it into a scandal and either force Cox to resign, or force him to apologize and then resign. Either way it would not be pretty.

Maybe I'm wrong and just too cynical about the whole thing. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks if anyone takes up the cause.