Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Thursday, February 17, 2005

What Ezra said

You know, I saw this too, and thought the same thing. Even better for me, a coworker asked me what black people had to do with Social Security. When I explained the whole "they have a shorter life expectancy so Social Security is discriminatory" meme to her, she asked incredulously "Who came up with that?" When I mentioned the President said as much, she laughed, shook her head, turned away in disbelief and said 'How stupid.'"

Later she said it seemed "very ignorant."

And she voted for the guy, too.

When I reminded her of this, she was forced to laugh again.

This Bush privatization plan could be the best thing for Democrats since the Bush tax hike. And if W. turns this privatization plan into a tax hike as well, even better.