Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Monday, February 07, 2005

I'm applying Bushonmics to my house

I've just balanced my budget! I've ignored the cost of my car payments and categorized them as additional emergency spending. I've also chosen to ignore transitional costs from moving from an apartment to a house, and have set aside no money for my plans to start a family.

It's that easy!

*UPDATE* Why I aspire to be like Jesse at Pandagon:
One last point: has anyone else noticed that Bush wants to cut the deficit in half by 2009...and his several-trillion dollar plan for Social Security is slated to begin right after that target is "met"? Enron taught this guy well.


*UPDATE AGAIN* Apparently, someone did notice. And it's a Senate Democrat!
Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota, the top Democrat on the Senate Budget Committee, said Bush's budget "talks about the next five years of reducing deficits, but what that hides is what happens after that five-year window. The cost of everything he advocates explodes."