Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

9/11 widows choose Kerry

AP:
A group of activist Sept. 11 widows said Tuesday they will campaign for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, charging the Bush administration stonewalled their efforts to uncover intelligence failures leading up to the attacks and took the nation into a misguided war in Iraq.

Five widows and a sixth woman who was badly injured in the attack on the Pentagon endorsed Kerry.

"I have not flown on a plane since 9/11. I have now committed myself to get on a plane and fly wherever I have to fly," said Kristen Breitweiser, of Middletown, N.J.

"I don't know if it's going to be successful, because I have serious anxiety about getting on a plane, but that is how committed I feel," said Breitweiser, who voted for Bush in 2000.

Their message is simple. Bush has stonewalled them every since 9/11 at every turn, from creating a 9/11 comission, to funding the 9/11 comission, to implementing it's reccomendations. They also aren't happy that Bush let the guy responsible for their loss go free while Bush chose to invade Iraq instead.

I'd be upset, too.