Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Ronald Reagan has passed

I thought all day at work what I would say about it. An hour cruising the blogosphere shows me that both ends are covered, pretty well. For those alive in his era, Reagan was no doubt responsible for the views many of us carry today, whether we are liberal or conservative. Even though I was still in school, I knew I did not agree with what he said. I will, however, admit he had a certain eloquence when he spoke about it.

I'd also like to say that I am already tired of the coverage of his death. It took about twenty minutes. And believe it when I say there will be a lot of stupid articles soon appearing in a paper on a website near you. Conservatives will praise him and call, once again, for him on Rushmore. Liberals will try and play nice and respect those who mourn.

I guess we can call it the conservative media for the next few days. Bush must be glad that the light will be off him for a while. Look for more references to the Gipper in the coming weeks from him.

I will say I am sad for his family and friends, and hope that no one has to suffer through Alzheimer's the way that he and Nancy did.