Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Murtha vs Hoyer

I'm one of those "corruption won Democrats the majority" people, so it's obivously important to me that Democrats take cleaning up Congress seriously. It's also why I've been dispapointed with the matchup of Jack Murtha v. Steney Hoyer for Majority Leader. The Plank seems to have every negative story about Jack Murtha, while this piece from the Washington Monthly doesn't put me wholy in Hoyer's camp, either. All along, I've just been waiting for someone to say this:
"Wait until you see the ethics package we support and we pass," he said. "No meals, no trips, nothing. I support it 100 percent."

So there you have it, Washington insiders. You can all exhale as I tentitavely endorse Murtha for Majority Leader.

But you better follow through.

Perhaps the worst thing about this battle is the rise of stories discussing how ethically challenged Jack Murtha is, combined with Nancy's "Culture of Corruption" Pelosi's endorsement of him. I'm not exactly stir at the begining of the draining of the swamp era that's supposed to come.

As if I need another reason, presenting the problems with Pelosi's seeming edorsement of Alcee Hastings for House Select Committee on Intelligence over Jane Harman.

I can only hope that the Democrats are so effective at cleaning out corruption that these battle quickly drop into things of the past. I can only hope.