Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Monday, December 19, 2005

Blogging slowdown

So as the holiday season (what are you going to do, Bill? Put me on your list?) approaches, their will be less and less time for blogging here, meaning less and less for you to read that's new.

That's the theory anyway. I've mentioned slowdowns before, only to see robust days that follow. But I'm hoping to take this time away to think about the future of Get Your Blog Up. Not flashy design changes or changing my name to "Crunk" to bring in the younger kids. But actually looking at direction and focus.

I've done this now for almost a year and a half now, and readership is not what I had hoped it would be when I started. But there are a number of voices out there now that sound very similar to me, so I can't fault anyone for not trying. But if you can find bull riding on channels 4-15, do you really need channel 16 to show bull riding, too?

Bull riding enthusiasts aside, the answer is no. So I need to come up with a new take on things, fold in with an existing channel, or find something new to broadcast on altogether.

Suggestions always welcome. And if I don't see you again, Happy Holidays to all.