Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Novak says what we all think

Saw this on the news today at work:
Newspaper columnist Robert Novak is still not naming his source in the Valerie Plame affair, but he says he is pretty sure the name is no mystery to President Bush.

"I'm confident the president knows who the source is," Novak told a luncheon audience at the John Locke Foundation in Raleigh on Tuesday. "I'd be amazed if he doesn't."

"So I say, 'Don't bug me. Don't bug Bob Woodward. Bug the president as to whether he should reveal who the source is.' "

I think Hardball featured Kate O'Berne from National Review, who tried to argue that Novak was an unreliable source on this one. I'm sure she'll never reference his reports again.

But it would be nice to hear someone ask him on the record if he knows. I hear Brit Hume is getting an interview soon.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath.