Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A tale of two Bush

Aug 24, 2005:
President Bush, rebutting critics who are calling for the U.S. to pull out of Iraq, pledged that as long as he is president “we will stay, we will fight and we will win the war on terrorism.”

Sept 2, 2004:
Lauer: You said to me a second ago, one of the things you'll lay out in your vision for the next four years is how to go about winning the war on terror. That phrase strikes me a little bit. Do you really think we can win this war on terror in the next four years?

President Bush: I have never said we can win it in four years.

Lauer: So I’m just saying can we win it? Do you see that?

President Bush: I don’t think you can win it.

I wish he'd make up his mind. What does it mean that his strategy hasn't changed with either view, though?