Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Thursday, March 24, 2005

A message to Alan Keyes

Hey Alan Keyes-

If I demonstrate as much disconnect from reality as this guy, can I write for your website on the state of California politics? I won't tell people that Arnold's popularity is falling and Democrats see the perfect convergence of bad policy and political vulnerability. Instead I will make up things about how they are frightened of a woman who has already stated she would not run for President in 2008.

I will ignore the fact that Arnold backed out of a compact with the state's schools, screwing them out of 2 billion dollars in funds. And I will not mention his insistence to balance the budget shortfalls on the backs of teachers, firemen, and other hard working Californians while he travels the country raising special interest funds for a special election that will cost an already cash strapped state to the tune of $70 million.

Mr Keyes, please get back to me as soon as you can so I can file divorce papers with reality as soon as possible. Thanks for your time.

P.S. How's your daughter doing?