Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Question

I don't want to engage in the whole "America is stingy or not" debate. I only hope that in the end we as a country give as much as we can and as much as is needed.

That aside, I want to ask the following. If the deeper we go into debt, the weaker the dollar becomes (in theory) and the weaker are economy may turn as a result of that, is it possible that we are actually a little handcuffed by our own spending?

Can anyone of the hordes deflected over here by the Kerry Spot of Pandagon help me out here? Are there actual dangers in the dollar if we donate large sums of money to aid foreign countries? I'm not suggesting we not do all we can, it's just something that popped into my head.

I thank you in advance for your wisdom.