Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

"Moral values" voters upset with GOP

Apparently voting GOP won't get you into Heaven:
I am not satisfied with my options. I clearly can’t support the Democratic Party – it long ago abandoned its moral authority when it aligned itself with the culture of death. While the GOP may have a platform that claims to respect life, the party’s leaders are demonstrating that those are nothing but meaningless words to exploit our votes. Yet, I am not distressed, for I know where my citizenship is. And, I know Who will not disappoint me.

But I also know I shall be far more discerning in casting future votes. I know that compromise is the mother’s milk of politics. However, when compromise undermines biblical teachings, it isn’t noble or even clever; it’s sin.

Let the split begin.