Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Most unasked poll question

Wanna know which Presidential candidate college fraternity brothers would trust to hold them during a kegstand? Turn to CNN:
"I think I would rather have Kerry hold my feet during a keg stand because, let's face it, you need... someone responsible to do something like that," Penn junior Patrick Carroll said.

"You wouldn't want to fall and chip your teeth on the keg or something, and I could just picture 'college-era' Bush seeing a hot girl across the room and dropping everything he was doing to go talk to her," the Kappa Alpha brother said.

Another respondant:
"I'd trust that Bush has a lot more experience around kegs than Kerry," Pi Kappa Alpha brother Alex Brodsky said.

"Bush is a bit tougher," he continued. "I'm a big boy, 200-plus pounds, and I'd imagine that Kerry might have a hard time lifting me up."

and another:
[Delta Lambda Phi brother Bradley] Breuer would not, however, countenance Bush suspending him over a keg. "I have never done a keg stand, I do not know what a keg stand is, but put it this way: I wouldn't want George Bush to shake my hand much less hold me doing a keg stand."

Here's my favorite quote, however:
Lin's Sigma Nu brother, Wharton student Wesley Williams, was eager to offer Bush a place in the fraternity.

"I would readily offer George W. a bid because he has shown to be the type of gentleman [who] would throw money around," Williams said. "Being an advocate for financial resource sharing, I would love to have the opportunity to take advantage of W's ineptness and squander his money."