Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Three minutes is a winner

Those of you who had three minutes on the "When will President Bush mention 9/11 in his State of the Union address?" poll cash in your tickets now. Three minutes is a winner!

Here's the text of the speech if you, like me, don't really feel like watching it. I read most of it, and all I can say is so much for the party of new ideas. I think I've heard this all before, from the war on terror, to women and their relationship with their ob/gyns.

Think Progress is doing some good fact checking as well, so scroll up from here for that.

And, I must ask, is the really the priority of things for the country? The war on terror and its subsidiaries of it, and then AIDS/HIV, followed by domestic spying? Why do I feel that Americans are more concerned at this point with domestic spying, as well as health care and unemployment then they are about the President's AIDS policy? Again, I must be an out of touch Democrat.