Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Friday, December 02, 2005

Jesus is the reason for the season

This exchange on the O'Reilly Factor really captures the holiday spirit:
Rev. Tim Bumgardner: I think they should put a Nativity scene -- be American! Hey, celebrate Christmas -- people spend more money! Jesus makes people want to spend money!

O'Reilly: I agree. I'm with you.

Me, too, Bill! Just the other day I saw Jesus selling shoes on a street corner and I had to stop and but a pair. And I didn't even need new shoes!

Praise Jesus!

Actually, I would think the idea that "Jesus makes people want to spend money" would be more offensive than a thousand "Happy Holidays." But then I never knew that Jesus was put on earth on order to open our wallets for material purchases. No wonder Adam and Eve weren't noted as shoppers.