Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

In this corner - Jerry Falwell

Jerry Falwell:
“You know when I see somebody burning the flag, I’m a Baptist preacher I’m not a Mennonite, I feel it’s my obligation to whip him. In the name of the Lord of course. I feel it’s my obligation to whip him, and if I can’t do it then I look up some of my athletes to help me.

But, as long as at 72 I can handle most of the jobs I do it myself, and I don’t think it’s un-spiritual. When I, when I, when I hear somebody talking about our military and ridiculing and saying terrible things about our President, I’m thinking you know just a little bit of that and I believe the Lord would forgive me if I popped him.”

I had no idea that American patriotism and support for George Bush was so important in the Bible.

Falwell now feels it's his duty to beat people up that don't agree with him and the President. And if he can't do it himself, he's going to find people to help him do it. And all in the name of the Lord.

I only hope that he doesn't hire Pat Robertson's assassination squads.
(Via The Carpetbagger)