Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The President speaks

Nothing inspires the country like a politician reading a speech. Seems a little, um, unbelievable to me.

That line he keeps using, that tomorrow's retirees will recieve benefits "equal to or higher than today's seniors" is going to get torn apart. I'm sure the dollar amount senior get today won't be enough for the youth of today to survive on. And I'm sure the rest of the blogs will rip it up pretty good.

Sadly, I'm probably out for the rest of the night.

*UPDATE* Did my President really say that "liquified" natural gas is natural gas in its solid form? Do I just not know enough about natural gas, or too much about science?