Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Iraq attack

I'm not an expert in the Iraqi explosive scandal. I would go to Josh Marshall for a definitive rebuttal of the latest claims by the Bush administration that the explosives were gone when we got there. But I wanted to share my first thoughts when I heard this claim.

First, I thought it ironic that this stuff was watched over by the IEAE, and they were forced to abandon their watch due to somebody's ill advised invasion. I'll leave you to figure that one out.

The second thing was something that struck me in the New York Times article:
The huge facility, called Al Qaqaa, was supposed to be under American military control but is now a no man's land, still picked over by looters as recently as Sunday.

It's clear then, that we still hadn't done anything to secure the place up through last Sunday, isn't it?