Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Trust me with your most important right

Just imagine I've come up with a new and easier way for you to cast your vote, but I don't offer you any proof of how well it works. I claim I am to busy to explain it, and those that know how well it works are to busy to explain it. Still want to offer it up? And if I fail you, how well will you trust me next time?

You can guess what this analogy relates to: e-voting, the exciting technology that makes casting your vote akin to playing an electronic slot machine. Poor odds all around. So how do you fell knowing your vote is unable to be verified and left in the hands of three big companies who don't want to explain what they do?

Now factor in all parties involved, from creation to testing, are strong Republican supporters. Feel better?

Me either.