Get Your Blog Up

“This administration is populated by people who’ve spent their careers bashing government. They’re not just small-government conservatives—they’re Grover Norquist, strangle-it-in-the-bathtub conservatives. It’s a cognitive disconnect for them to be able to do something well in an arena that they have so derided and reviled all these years.”

Senator Hillary Clinton

Monday, July 26, 2004

We know already. We know

Can I go on record as saying I am tired of hearing about bloggers at the convention? Even MSNBC has a blog for chrissakes.

Maybe it's my distance from Boston or the fact that my friend Adam knows Dave Pell and I can't be there to be introduced. Maybe I'm just cynical or anxious for the whole thing to start.

Yes it is a great step forward for blogs in general, and maybe in four years I will be at the next DNC/RNC. I guess I want to see what they can do before I call it news.

*UPDATE* I guess the connect I failed to make is that these are people who have something in common with me. They are out there as an extension of myself in a way, and the giddiness they share could very well become contagious. Check on the convention bloggers here and judge for yourself.